Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Missed the hat-trick but won the game

As decided, I did not go to school today. Mom had an appointment at 1.00pm for sonogram and Appa had to got to Nashville for work. But he said he will make it before noon. Mom gave him a call around 12.00 and there was no response from him as usual. She gave several calls since then, but he didnt respond. We lost hopes. Mom and I started to the OB-office and were there on time. But still no calls and no show from Appa. Finally the technician called us in and we went inside.

I was very upset in the room as I was scared that they are going to do something for me. The lady asked me to sit on the couch but I refused to do it. Had Appa been there, he would have carried me. I had no choice and stayed with Amma in her seat hugging her tight. Both of us were very angry with Appa for not turning up. The technician went ahead and showed us the baby on the screen. She started with heartbeat, head, arms, legs, feet and finally the sex of the baby. The baby waived hands for both of us. She copied the session on to a Dvd and we were good to go out. Mom got dressed up and we opened our door. To our surprise we saw Appa there.

He looked even more tensed. But we were not at all angry upon him for we had a very happy news in the dark room - proving to be a kutti Roma. Mom and I were on cloud nine and appa was quite relieved seeing our faces. I was literally dancing for I ever wanted a baby sister. Mom promised to buy cup-cakes for me to celebrate this. We had a formal discussion with the doctor and directly went to Kroger to buy cup-cakes. I was very sleepy on the way home, as I missed my nap. Mom took me to the bed directly and I was wide asleep...
My grandma has a younger brother (big sister-little brother combo), my mom has a younger brother (big sister - little brother), and I wud have hit the hat-trick if the sonogram proved otherwise. Anyways, I took rest for the rest of the day for having won the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment