Friday, March 5, 2010

Early Childhood Music Ministry and More...

Mom has enrolled me into the Family Music for the spring Semester. Its a Parent-Child class and Ms. Becky (Becks) is our instructor. I have Issac, Elsie, Audry and Sam as my buddies. We sing, dance, jump and play while we learn music. We also get to play a lot of musical instruments during the sessions. So far, I have explored Maracus, Drums, Tone Blocks, Sticks, Cymbals etc. Some of the songs are just a piece of cake but some are quite difficult. Anyways we have the Music Cds and Books to practice them at home. Mom often plays it during bedtime. And before we leave, we have a Jack-in-the box game or a parachute playing. We have to pop-out of the box when the music Stops and run under the parachute while the music Stops. I think this is to improve the rhythm sense. But its a lot of fun.

I have begun my formal training on "Saralivarisaigal" with amma. Everyday I practice for about 15 minutes with the sruthibox and mom teaches one new excercise everyday. Some of the comments that I got from her are
  1. I sit only on her lap and not on the floor
  2. I am impatient during sittings and want to see letters like P,Q,R,S on the scale display screen (It displays only C,D,E,F,G,A,B)
  3. Switch on the 5th string button to produce an annoying sound
  4. Starting trouble on all excercises.

Gimme some tips to break the ice. I don't tend to exhibit my talents when asked to do so. People think I am shy but I am not. And the some of the positive comments that I got are

  1. Perfect Sruthi Sense
  2. Able to identify and sing 2nd and 3rd speeds
  3. Good sense of rhythm for my age.
  4. Quick grasping on verses for Ive mastered most of the verses of narayana hari in just 3 sittings..... (I dint listen to the recorded audio or follow the lyrics from a book)
  5. High sruthi - (6-61/2 Kattai) and Mama cant coup-up... Hurray

I am quite excited about the week ahead. We r gonna have 2 important things. One is the Day light saving starts and I can go to YMCA for playing. and the other is I will know abt Baby brother/sister I am going to have. I will be happy if I have a brother and more happy if I have a sister. Let me keep my fingers crossed.

Remember folks, I may be busy during the weekend. So keep reading all the older posts once again, I will catch u all next week. Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. roma, i can tell you will be a great singer like your mom :)

    ReplyDelete