Monday, March 22, 2010

Roma Vs Mama

Do you wonder how do we spend time when we are together at home. Let me dramatize a sample scenario of one of our evening times.

"I was eating strawberry. Mom thought I am hungry and brought me paruppu mammu to eat as it was supper time. I said 'No' for it and she ate it herslef, as she dint want to waste. Next I saw her preparing Rasam Mammu for me. She placed the plate on the dining table and sat on the chair. I told 'No its my Chair' and kicked her out of the chair and started to eat mammu. I finished half and told her 'I want deetha'. She game me some water and I proceeded. After some time I told her it was kaaram and asked her some Ghee. She poured in some and I played with the mammu and left the spot to play Mouth Organ. Again she dint want to waste it and ate the rest. Next I saw her preparing Thachi mammu on the plate. Who in the world would say No for it? I threw away the mouth organ and sat on the chair and ate some and went away. She started to eat the rest. Am I not a good baby? I had my supper well isn't? Now I asked her for Scissors to do a project. She shouted at me telling she wont give it. But why is she making unnecessary scenes when I am too good at home. I gave a complaint to Appa."

Did you read that? Now read her version of the same story. Here she goes...

"Gosh. I was already running late. Still lot of work to do, to end the day. I was terribly hungry. Decided to eat first and then feed my little one. I brought my favourite Dhal rice with Vethai Kozhambu as side dish. My little toddler stopped by and asked 'Is that Paruppu mammu?'. I said yes and offered her if she wants some. She vacated the spot. I finished eating them and went for the secound round Rasam rice. I placed the food on the table and was about to sit, when the little pumpkin kicked me out of the chair and started to eat my food. I thought it was Ok, as there came some means that she could eat. I took rest on the other chair. But she asked me to bring Water first, then Ghee. She wouldnt let me sit in a place for some time. She had couple of spoons of Rasam mammu with ghee and went away. I finished eating the rest brought curd rice. Again she came to trouble and started to eat from my plate. But dint complete it as usual. Just munched some and went to play. Atlast I resumed eating my dinner. But the little pie dint give up yet. Now asked for Scissors. I shouted at her for not letting me eat peacefully. It has been an hour since I started eating."

Now I cried on my high tone and started to complain to Appa. Appa is a patient and intelligent person. He is the Judge Judy of our home. He has a way to convince both of us. He doesn't have a choice either. He solved the problem by giving me the scissors and letting amma eat peacefully too. But the reward for it is scoldings from her. You know why? I cut opened all the diapers that she kept to give for the day care.

Hmmm... This is what happens when three of us are home together.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! super interesting :) keep it up roma kutti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amn't I awesome!

    ReplyDelete