Thursday, February 18, 2010

Eating Experiences & my gift to Daddy

I had trouble eating solid foods when I was young. My Parents, Grand Parents and even Pediatricians worked with me a lot to make me eat solid foods. All in vain. I was very stubborn and kept my mouth shut for solids all the time. My Radha Athai used to narrate how I used to keep my mouth closed during feedings.

Then my parents thought the best way to make me eat is to send me to the daycare where I can see other children eat. I started going there ever since I was 19 months old. Ms. Kelly was my teacher. I used to create a lot of mess during lunch time. I annoyed her a lot too. But she worked with me very patiently. I started to eat on my own slowly. She did no magic, but gave me some space, respected me, believed me and gave me a very long time (abt 8 months) to improve. Ta-da that worked. My teething could have been a factor too. Now I am a good eater. Idly, Dosas, Chappati, Puri, Adai, Vadai, Idiappam, Bread Toasts, Pizza, fruits, vegetables, Paruppu Mammu and Thachi mammu are my favourites. I eat very well in the daycare. But I trouble mama at home. She is after all my mom, not a teacher.

Second thing I like about Ms. Kelly was she created a movie for my dad as a gift for Father's day. He was quite emotional after watching it and gave me lots of kisses. I know you are most excited to look at it too.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mommy and Roma, Good job well conceived and presented!! An innovative way to journalise the happenings in Roma's life.. When expeirences are penned, it becomes a cute story that can be read again and again !!. Iam sure Roma's would grow up to write her experiences and continue the blog for years to come
    With Luv

    Roopa

    ReplyDelete