Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ranjani and Gayatri Concert - MMU 2009

When I come home from School, I have snack real quick and then help mommy making dinner for the evening. I have made rasam several times these way. Mama keeps salt/ rasam powder/ Tamarind paste/ cut tomatoes on the table. I add all these ingredients according to her instructions on a vessel. She adds water to it and keeps it on the stove. She takes care of the seasoning part. Ta-da Rasam is made in 15 mintues.

But when it comes to dinner time I go through the hall round and round. She comes behind me for every spoons. Sometimes when she is tired, she has a nice way to make me sit at one place. That's by switching on the Ranjani and Gayatri MMU concert on youtube. I like two of the songs very much. 'Orarau Mugane' and 'Saka Maza Narayonu'.

The latter is a Marati Abhang. I dont know Marati and neither my parents do. So its kinda tough for me to sing it. But I tried the tamil song on Reeti gowlai. Wannu listen???? Here we go.... Remember dont make fun of me. I am still too young to handle delicate ragas.

1 comment:

  1. Srimathy & Roma
    Excellent initiative for coming up with such a nice idea. Roma's mazhalai voice is making us to listen again and again. Kudos to both of you! Keep up the good work and keep rocking.

    yours,
    Maami

    ReplyDelete