Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cakes Cakes Everyday

Whenever my grandparents send parcels from India, they send a lot of cakes with that. I like all kinds of Indian cakes - Mysoor Pagu, Milk Cakes, Cashew Cakes, Almond Cakes etc. And when they send, I give samples for my parents and eat the rest all by myself. Sometimes when I freak out for dinners Visa aunty and Radha Aunty give Cakes for me to take home. I finished them all last weekend and asked mama to make some more. She said 'No. They are Junk'. :-( But the truth is she does not know to make any.

So, at the drop of a Hat Appa and I picked an Instant Cake mix from the Grocery Store. I opened the packet, poured some milk to it. And stirred it on the stove for 5 mins. Appa helped me pour the mixture on a greased plate. To my surprise, it settled in half an hour to form nice soft cakes.

Appa and I enjoyed the cakes that evening. We gave nothing to Amma. Afterall, she is grumpy.

Remember folks, If you are tired of making cakes at home. Try 'Gitz Instant Halwa Mix'. Its easier than a 2 minute noodles. Thanks to Gita Aunty. She gave the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Roma, Nice effort on making cakes. But I ate some without your knowledge - Mom.

    ReplyDelete