Monday, November 14, 2016

The Week Out of Town (Part 2 Our Trip)

We were waking up from my grandparents' house and my parents were telling me to get ready.  I asked, "Why?" My parents said that we had to go to Thiruvendipuram, a city in India to get Samaasrayanam and Baaranyasam, a process to initiate a person into Sri Vaishnavism and surrender to god.  My sister and I climbed into the shuttle/van while my  grandparents, other relatives and parents loaded the suitcases since we would be staying there for 2 days.  When everybody was in the van and the van started moving, my sister and I made up a handshake.  My sister slept most of the time, though.  I was scared because in India the rules for the road are not as civilized as the U.S.A.  The driver went on both sides of the lane and veered just in time for another truck would have hit it.  I spoke to my grandparents about school too.  Finally, we reached Thiruvendipuram and we went to Ahobila Madam, the place where Azhagayasingar, the guru of one of the sects of Vaishnavism.  After that, we stayed at Parakaalamadam and Andavan Ashramam, places just like Ahobila Madam but for a different sect.  In the morning, we went back to Ahobila Madam and Azagayasingar did Samaasrayanam to my parents and Baranyaasam to my parents, my sister, and I.  Finally we turned back and went to Kumbakonam, another place in India.  We stayed in a hotel there called Raya's Grand.  We woke up the next morning and left to my grandparents' house.  When we came home we were very tired so we slept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment